LNL Online Conference : HUMAN RIGHTS IN LIBYA: PRESENT CHALLENGES & FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES
Libya News List - http://libyanews.listbot.com
The Libya News List, in association with Libyan Human Right Organizations and a number of Libyan and non-Libyan academics, is pleased to invite you to an Online Conference ; HUMAN RIGHTS IN LIBYA: PRESENT CHALLENGES & FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES
This online conference will be held from Friday June 1, 2001 to June 30, 2001.
LNL has started a new email list that will be the venue for this online conference. You need to subscribe to this new list to be able to participate in this conference. Please go to URL: http://lnlonlineconference.listbot.com and subscribe. There will be 4 optional demographic questions that we will appreciate if you can answer while subscribing. They are, what is your; City, Gender, Organization Type, and Country.
* HOW DOES IT WORK:
Once you subscribe to this new list you will be able to both send your own comments as well as receive all articles & messages sent by others to this list.
* HOW CAN I CONTRIBUTE TO THIS ONLINE CONFERENCE?:
- Send your comments via email to: mailto:LNLOnlineConference@listbot.com
- Every day, the moderator of the conference will read & approve messages received
- Your message ( including your email address ) will then be distributed via email to all members of the list.
* CAN I BE SURE THAT I WILL REMAIN ANYNOMOUS WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONFERNECE?
Yes you can. All you need to do is use an anonymous hotmail or yahoo account. You can establish a secure and anonymous email account by registering under a nickname or a pen name at the following sites: http://www.hotmail.com or http://www.yahoo.com Once you do that, your real identity will remain anonymous.
* WHAT ARE THE TOPICS THAT WILL BE WELCOMED IN THIS CONFERENCE?
The subject of this conference is Human Rights in Libya. Any opinions, articles, comments, information, news, or any other material relevant to this topic is welcomed.
* DO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL JUNE 1 TO SEND MY ARTICLE?
No, you can send your message anytime you choose. The first messages on the list will not be distributed however until June 1.
* HOW CAN I DISTINGUISH MESSAGES I RECIVE FROM THIS CONFERENCE FROM OTHERS?
All messages sent from this new list will have the following phrase: ( LNL Online Conference ) in the subject line of the email.
* WHY AN ONLINE CONFERENCE INSTEAD OF A TRADITIONAL CONFERENCE?
We think that an online conference will allow more Libyans and non-Libyans to participate irrespective of where they are residing around the world. We also hope that many Libyans inside of Libya will be able to use this opportunity to have their voices heard safely without fear from anyone.
* WHERE CAN I GET SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE HUMAN RIGHT SITUATION IN LIBYA?
For more information on Human Rights in Libya, please consult the following links:
- Amnesty International http://web.amnesty.org/ai.nsf/countries/libya?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Expandall
- United Nations Documents http://members.tripod.com/~sijill/un.htm
- Libyan Documents http://members.tripod.com/~sijill/libhr.htm
- United States Department of State http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/hrrpt/2000/nea/index.cfm?docid=802
* WHERE CAN I SEND THE MODERATOR OF THIS CONFERENCE A PRIVATE MESSAGE?
If you wish to send us a private message that will not be distributed to the list, send it to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we sincerely hope that you will participate in this Online Conference.
Libya News List